Regency Romance Reading Challenge – Desperate Measures
Here’s the list of books for the Regency challenge. I’ve already read Desperate Measures and I have to admit, if I hadn’t already read it when I saw the challenge posted, I probably wouldn’t have participated. I’m not big on putting myself out there for some reason.
Desperate Measures is a short story – a Lunch Hour Love Story. Needless to say, a quick read, but a really good one. The main characters, Lydia, Geoffrey and Phillip made me smile, laugh, and I couldn’t read fast enough. You know, when you’re reading romances, they have an HEA, but it’s the Getting There that keeps you going. I find if I can set the story aside for a time, it really wasn’t that engaging, but this one had me irritated if anyone tried to interrupt me. I wanted to see how it worked out. I really enjoy authors who are determined little terriers who can grab your attention and not let go. Even when you’ve finished the story, you think about it for a time. (Thank you, Candice.)
The Regency Romance Reading Challenge Review Schedule:
- Wed Jan 23 – A Proper Companion
- Wed Feb 27 – A Change of Heart
- Wed Mar 27 – An Affair of Honor
- Wed Apr 24 – A Garden Folly
- Wed May 22 – The Best Intentions
- Wed Jun 26 – “Desperate Measures”
- Wed Jul 24 – Miss Lacey’s Last Fling
- Wed Aug 28 – “Lady Ann’s Excellent Adventure”
- Wed Sept 25 – The Social Climber (new novel yet to be released)
Time-line: The Regency Romance Reading Challenge runs January 1, through September 30, 2013.
Levels of participation: Neophyte: 1 – 2 novels & short stories, Disciple 3 – 5 novels & short stories, Aficionada 6 – 9 novels & short stories.